Search by Category
Natural Language Search
Recent Articles & Treatises
- Registration now open for September 17, 2019 CPE Seminar, “IRC Sec. 199A: Wasn’t the Code to be Simplified?” August 26, 2019
- A Journey Through IRC Section 199A: Wasn’t the Code to be Simplified? July 25, 2019
- Tax News & Comment — August 2019 July 25, 2019
- Tax News & Comment – April 2017 March 13, 2017
- Tax News & Comment — May 2016 May 14, 2016
- FROM WASHINGTON & ALBANY — Current Election Probabilities; Tax Plans of Trump and Clinton May 13, 2016
- FROM FEDERAL AND NYS COURTS: Recent Developments & 2015 Decisions of Note May 13, 2016
- IRS & NYS DTF MATTERS: Recent Developments & 2015 Regs. & Rulings of Note May 13, 2016
- Creating and Maintaining Flexibility in Wills and Trusts May 13, 2016
- Escaping the Quandary Posed by Unreported Foreign Accounts May 13, 2016
- Like Kind Exchanges Alive and Well: An Update May 13, 2016
- Legal Basis for Seeking Abatement of New York State Tax Penalties
- Executor and Trustee Commissions Under NY EPTL
- Depreciation Recapture
- September 17 CPE Breakfast Lecture in Old Westbury, New York -- "IRC Sec. 199A: Wasn't the Code to be Simplified?"
- New York's Revised Decanting Statute Under EPTL §10-6.6
- Executor and Trustee Commissions Under the New York EPTL
- Rev. Rul. 85-13: Is There a Limit to Disregarding Disregarded Entities?
- Use of Disclaimers in Pre and Post-Mortem Estate Planning
- Article 78 Appeals to Appellate Division, Third Department
- Taxation of Foreign Nongrantor Trusts: Throwback Rule
Daily Archives: April 2, 2013
Revision of New York Power of Attorney Law Takes Effect Effective 9/1/09, NY General Obligations Law §5-1501, which governs the content and execution of powers of attorney, was revised and amended. Powers executed prior this date remain valid, but are … Continue reading
Post Mortem Estate Planning Calculation and remittance of federal and NYS estate tax is of primary concern in administering an estate. An estate tax return must generally be filed within nine months of the decedent’s death, and payment must also … Continue reading
Like Kind Exchange Decisions & Rulings of 2010 [Note:Excerpted from Like Kind Exchanges of Real Estate Under IRC. §1031 (3rd Ed., 1/11) . View treatise at nytaxattorney.com] I. Use of Replacement Property as Personal Residence Negates Like Kind Exchange Treatment … Continue reading
Section 1031 Outline January 30 2011 Like Kind Exchanges of Real Estate Under IRC §1031 © 2011 David L. Silverman, J.D., LL.M. (Taxation)
Section 1031 Outline January 30 2011 Like Kind Exchanges of Real Estate Under IRC §1031 © 2011 David L. Silverman, J.D., LL.M. (Taxation).
Seven Tax-Planning Strategies to Dodge the Tax Bullet – Forbes.
Is 95% of the Trade Imbalance Legal Tax Evasion? – Forbes.